Friday, May 15, 2009

What I Demand of a Reader

I find my own writing dry, lacking flare. It is because my purpose in writing is not to entertain the reader but to share an idea. I value accuracy within a word even if it means sacrificing simplicity. It falls upon the reader to look up the word if he or she does not understand its meaning. I also value concision. I will not repeat myself nor explain things beyond what I consider sufficient. If these demands on the reader should lose me a greater audience, so be it. Anything tailored to the masses is shit; look to movies and the education system for empirical evidence. I will speak and let those with diligent minds stay; the rest can leave and bleat. Any reader who is not willing to trudge through the desert of my ink does not deserve the majesty of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment