Friday, May 15, 2009

Groundwork for Reading, Writing, and Discussing

1. I will read all comments.
2. I won't respond to most comments. Most things will be more clear after reading all of what I have to write.
3. I will reference authors and texts from which I build my views. If I, without citation, pose an idea that has already been posed, it is because I have never come into contact with that idea. Link me to the original idea and I will add the reference to my writing.
4. I will define terms as I use them.
5. I will justify my arguments with logic unless I specifically note that the argument is an appeal to intuition. This latter type of argument will be rare and I acknowledge that only those who intuitively believe them will accept them. I will also explain why intuition instead of logic should be invoked when dealing with these sorts of arguments.
6. I will only address those counterarguments that I am aware of and only those which have some merit.
7. I will correct any errors I make when I become aware of those errors.
8. The title of Facebook notes related to this book I am trying to write will be preceded by a tilda (~).
9. Meta-analysis on my analysis will be enclosed in braces ({ and }).
10. Notes for the reader unrelated to the topic at hand will be enclosed in brackets ([ and ]).
11. I will try not to waste time, the reader's and my own.
12. All of this is a first draft.
13. Feel free to plagiarize me for any non-commercial purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment