Friday, May 15, 2009

Overview and Justification for the Structure of this Book

Naturally, for any sort of communication to be established, the motives for communicating ought to be made clear first. However, even communicating about these motives employs the method of communication itself. That is why I choose to lay out the rules for communication first instead (what's demanded of the reader and further groundwork). Motives for communication come next as it justifies the initiation of communication and gives purpose to the work. Here I will also explain why you should read what I have to write. Next, we ought talk about the method of communication, in this case, language through writing through typed text through Facebook. We will examine the scope of this method, as in its limitations. In that section, I will talk heavily about linguistics. Next, It is important to address writer bias and reader bias. Writer bias comes first because it is tied directly to the text and affects all readers the same way (this is not to be confused with reader bias which affects each reader differently). In dealing with writer bias I will talk about my influences and how it shapes my perspective. I will also explain the tests I impose on myself to serve as checks against writer bias. Moving on to reader bias, I will talk extensively about human psychology (and biology and sociology where applicable). The rest of the topics follow smoothly from "simple" to "complex" and from "general" to "specific" in the sense that mathematics comes before physics and physics comes before chemistry.

It makes sense that this overview and justification for structure be placed between rules for communication and motives for communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment